Tuesday, March 12

The Swellers-Running Out Of Places To Go



When I think of The Swellers, I immediately think, "these guys define pop-punk music." They have been signed to labels like, Fueled By Ramen and Paper and Plastick Records. But, their album, "Running Out Of Places To Go", was recorded AND produced by themselves. How awesome is that? This five song EP is a good choice to get your pop-punk fix.

The first track called, "Hands", caught me off guard with Nick's voice. I wasn't really into it at first, but the more I listened, the more I noticed his voice is a little rough but also melodic, which I liked. By the time the third song came on called "Bad For Me", I decided, I like this band. Each track is a simple chord to chord song, with some guitar riffs thrown in. What really impressed me though, was Jonathan's drum beats. The punk drumming was excellent and it really tied together each song. "Running Out Of Places To Go" is also the name of the fifth track on the album, and my favorite one. On this track, Nick's voice really comes out and you can hear it really well, also Jonathan's drums are at a slow beat, but it all works perfectly. Hmm... I have a feeling there's a reason why this EP is named after this song...

Overall, these guys are all really talented musicians and I'm really glad I came across them. I'd have to say that "Running Out Of Places To Go" is pretty awesome and it should be a whole record instead of just an EP. Yeah, that's right. I said it.

 
 
Track List:
  1. Hands
  2. Let Me In
  3. Bad For Me
  4. Making Waves
  5. Running Out Of Places To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment