Wednesday, August 20

Michael Cera has a folk project!

Say what?! Yeah, I was surprised as well! But also excited to hear Michael be all artsy and see another side of him.



I took a listen at his musical side, and it's definitely not what I expected. Cera doing folk music does seem to fit him well. It honestly reminds me of him and Ellen Page playing acoustic together in the movie 'Juno'. It's not horrible, but I don't think it's great either. It's very experimental and out there. I do feel like I know what he's trying to do though. 

I like to see actors try different things, it keeps things interesting, even if it's not particularly good. It's the same for musicians, like when they try to pursue acting, sometimes you are just like , "Woah! I didn't know they could act!" and then other times, "That was the worst acting I've ever seen."

But hey, as long as it makes them happy doing something else right? Even if  it's not what everyone is talking about. Let just say, I kinda sorta like it, but not enough to buy it or to listen to it often. Maybe if he had someone help him, or a well known producer to make it a little bit more edgy? I don't know.

 If you wanna listen to it.. It's right here!

Michael Cera Music

No comments:

Post a Comment