Thursday, November 21

Fitz and The Tantrums- "More Than Just A Dream"





Tracklist:

  1. Out Of My League
  2. Break The Walls
  3. The Walker
  4. Spark
  5. 6AM
  6. Fools Gold
  7. Keepin' Our Eyes Out
  8. Last Raindrop
  9. House On Fire
  10. The End 
  11. Get Away
  12. MerryGoRound



So while driving home from work the other day, I heard a song on the radio called, 'Out Of My League'. Not knowing what band it was drove me crazy the entire way home. I had to look it up! Sure enough it's by a band called Fitz and The Tantrums. I've heard of them, but not their actual music. After hearing a couple of their songs on YouTube, I noticed that they have a dance, pop, soul thing going on. Which was a different change of pace then whats on the radio today. While doing my investigating, I discovered that they are based in Los Angeles and are currently signed to Elektra Records. If this band rings a bell, you might recognize them by their hit single 'Moneygrabber' and off their new album, 'More Than Just Just A Dream', and 'Out Of My League'.

The album itself is really catchy. It has claps, whistling, dancey beats, and the melodies are sung playfully. The vocals, I noticed, by Michael Fitzpatrick are some what similar to Brandon Flowers of The Killers. Noelle Scaggs though, just amazing. Of course she has her chorus lines and backing vocals, but her voice definitely stands out in their tracks.

However, their songs didn't stick out to me as much as their two most popular ones right now, which are "Out Of My League" and "The Walker". The other songs were very danceable and had the synthesizer play a good role in each song. Some tracks where more soulful than the others, and well as how poppy it was. Maybe it's just me, but they didn't really hook me into their music as other artists/bands usually do. I still think they are a pretty good band. Just not my style.




No comments:

Post a Comment