Monday, May 26

CURRENT SONGS THAT WILL NOT LEAVE MY HEAD


Unfortunately right now, it's not a new artist/band that I have stuck in my head. I have random choruses and verses from The Menzingers album, 'Rented World'. If you have not read my album review about them, DO IT RIGHT NOW. It's pretty good I tell ya! They are a good punk rock band with some indie vibes, mostly the vocals, to me at least. I'll be in the middle of work and all of the sudden the chorus from the track "Nothing Feels Good Anymore" will pop into my head...

"I'm at the party in a cloud of nicotine,
exhaled by drunk twenty somethings,
there's a couple arguing in the bathroom,
there's a couple kids just trying to get high,
I try to make my way out, 'cause I've got to see you
tonight, I start pacing then running."

Then it will be playing over and over before it fades away for a minute. Then hours later, another verse comes into my head from a different track from the album, "Where Your Heartache Exists" (which is one of my favorite songs on the album by the way)....

"I know where your heartache exists,
it's when you are alone and when you're around me."

Imagine that in your head over and over. It drives me crazy, not in the annoying way, but in the way that I HAVE to listen to that song immediately when I'm able. Like for instance, right this very moment. Haha. I'm sitting in the cafe at my work listening to this album because it's been there playing over and over. Now, I'm not saying this because it's a bad thing, it's a good thing. Maybe I'll learn the lyrics faster this way, haha.

If you haven't checked them out yet, please listen to their stuff, it's worth the listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment